Monday, June 23, 2014

It's How I Roll!

Most of the essential oil recipes I'll share with you are either in spray form or some sort of a cream using an herbal base (I'll be sharing those next month). Another handy, simple way to use your favorite oils or blends is in roller bottles. Here are my favorites...


Each of the following Roller Bottle Recipes was made by first adding my essential oil(s) of choice to a 5ml roller bottle (I got mine here), then filling the rest of the bottle up with a carrier oil of choice. Some examples of carrier oils include olive oil, sunflower seed oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, etc. Just be sure your carrier oil is organic, cold-pressed or expeller-expressed, and unprocessed.

Antihistamine Roller: 5-10 drops each Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint oils. (Read more about this powerful, natural antihistamine blend here!) It's a great blend for runny noses and allergy sufferers. I only used 5 drops of each oil since I use it on my kids. We  use it mainly on the base of the toes, so there's no chance of irritating the skin. I've read that other people use it on the base of their neck or the thymus.

Eczema (and more!) Roll-On Relief: 5 drops Lavender + 3 drops Melrose. This is a great blend for irritated skin! 

Peppermint: 15-20 drops Peppermint essential oil. I loved having a handy roller of Peppermint oil when I was pregnant because I had a lot of heartburn and this would knock it out. I kept it in my purse and by my bedside. (For heartburn I applied it over my thymus or on the vita flex point on my upper foot.)  It's also great for digestive concerns we've used it instead of Tum's. It's been a life-saver more than once for tummy aches and upset stomachs, so I still carry it in my diaper bag as well as keeping it in both bathrooms. (Apply directly to stomach or to the arch of the foot.) It can also be used for allergies by applying it to the base of the neck or to the thymus.

Peace & Calming: 15-25 drops Peace & Calming essential oil blend. Use this on the big toe (vita flex point for the brain), feet, back of neck and wrists for overactive kids, fussy babies, and anyone who could use a little calming down. This is great to use right before going to sleep at night! 

RC: 15-30 drops RC essential oil blend. This is an amazing blend for Respiratory Congestion (hence the name... R..C..). I used 30 drops so it's nice and strong. Apply it to the throat, sinuses, chest, back, and feet.




No comments:

Post a Comment