Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rag Quilt Sewing Tutorial

This is the quilt that anyone can make, even if you've never sewn before! If you're at all intimidated by making traditional quilts, then this is the quilt for you! It's very doable. And you can make it in any size you want- for babies to adults.  

Here's what one of my quilts looks like:


Once you have the technique down, you can use it to make other things too. Like a rag bag (I have a tutorial for the Rag Bag HERE).


I even used it to make our Christmas Tree Skirt!


And here are some pictures I've received back from my lovely readers who used my tutorial to make their own rag quilts...
---------------------------------------------

Kelsey S. from Tennessee used this tutorial to make her first ever quilt! She was ambitious and made hers 70" x 60". Wow! Here's how it turned out: 
 And she featured it on her blog, here! Thanks Kelsey! 

 --------------------------------------------- 

Teri B. from Kansas also made her first quilt using this tutorial... she found out that her local quilt shop would cut and fringe her squares for her, which gave her a "shortcut" method to making her quilt. She says "This was my first quilt EVER (and I'm a grandma in her mid-fifties) and it was done in less than two days time..." 

She also made a lap quilts for her father-in-law and niece: 

 ---------------------------------------------

Thank you Kelsey & Teri for sharing your pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment