Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DIY Custom Artwork for the Nursery

Just because you're not using a store-bought set doesn't mean you can't have some coordinating artwork in the baby's room. In our first son's room I accented with Curious George, who was on a wall clock, some fabric I used in his quilt, and displayed a bit on a shelf. For the artwork, I used a couple Curious George calendar pages, trimmed them to get rid of the little nail hole, then glued them down to a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper which looked like matting. Then I painted wooden frames, and voila! Curious George artwork! 

Another option is to make some custom artwork, using Mod Podge and a little creativity. For this project, I found a pack of coordinating scrapbook papers that also coordinated with the fabric colors I was using in in my second son's nursery.  I bought a 12x12" paper pack to cover the 8x8 canvases, since I needed extra inches to go around the edges. Then I drew out the designs I wanted  (based on my favorite images from a google image search), cut them out from the scrapbook paper, and mod podged them to art canvases. Here they are:  


Have you made your own cute nursery wall-art? Email me your photos and I'll share them here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment