Monday, July 14, 2014

Gentle Baby Diaper Rash Cream Recipe

Today's recipe comes from the book Gentle Babies" by Debra Raybern. It's an excellent diaper-rash cream, and completely organic! And did I mention that it WORKS?!

Gentle Baby Diaper Rash Cream
  • 2 oz herbal base of your choice
  • 4 drops Gentle Baby essential oil blend
  • 2 drops Lavender
  • 2 drops German Chamomile
  • 1 drop Melrose
  • 1 drop Cypress (I omitted this because I didn't have it.) 

For the herbal base, I used my Mango Whipped Body Butter, because I love it. My Shea Butter Cream would also be a good choice as both ingredients in it are great for rashes. If you want the quickest option then just use plain Coconut Oil. Just be sure the packaging says it is organic, cold-pressed or expeller expressed, and unprocessed. Coconut oil is actually used as a rash cream on its own, so the essential oils in this recipe enhance it all the more. If you use plain Coconut Oil, but want it to be a little more spreadable, I recommend whipping it with a whisk attachment in an electric blender. 


No comments:

Post a Comment