- Science BobWebsite with a bunch of science experiments you can do at home! It includes step-by-step instructions for doing the experiment, then at the end explains why it works. Great site!!
Tools & Supplies
Free Online Curriculum:
- National Parks Curriculum - Planning a visit to a National Park? Look it up on this list for some free education/curriculum printables.
- Kids Astronomy - A free online astronomy academy for ages 7-19.
- 4 KIDS science websites: Astronomy / Biology / Chemistry / Earth Science / Physics
- The Lab of Mr. Q - Offers a few of their science text books as a free PDF download
- Note that the K-6 material may be taught in any order. Simply purchase one book for the entire family, and an optional notebooking journal for each child to do their work. The Astronomy book is easier to use with younger elementary, and Zoology 3 should be saved for older elementary. You can purchase it directly, through many educational suppliers, or on Amazon.
- Another one is from Berean Builders. They offer a hands-on elementary science course introducing science concepts using history as a guide. It looks like a neat course, though I haven't personally used it. My sister in law uses it and likes it a lot.
- Science Is by Susan Bosak is a hands-on lab and discussion book for elementary ages, grades 4-6, recommended by another Christian home-schooler
- Science Through Childrens Literature: An Integrated Approach by Carol and John Butzow is a manual covering many science topics, starting by reading a children's book (you can check out most at the library). Then it summarizes the book & some science related topics, and activities for you to choose from. Makes a good unit study b/c science activities range in complexity for different ages; recommended by another Christian home-schooler.