Monday, November 9, 2009
Homeschooling doesn't have to break the bank. Here are some of my favorite money-saving teacher tools!
Free Pre-School Curriculum:
- Brightly Beaming Resources - Letter of the Week Pre-school Curriculum
- First School - Preschool materials, themes, activities & crafts
- No Time for Flash Cards - another letter of the week curriculum, with hands-on activities & crafts.
- For Kindergarten, check out Kindergarten Lessons - great hands-on, fun ideas for each subject.
Free K-12 Curriculum:
Monday, November 2, 2009
(The links listed above are also accessible at the top right of every page on my blog.)
Websites to bookmark
- This is a great way to get a lot of books for your family! They also have two sister sites for swapping CD's and DVD's, and you can transfer your credits between the various sites. If you do sign up, I'd appreciate it if you tell them I referred you (put "spunkytigrr" in the referral box)! Thanks! :)
Faaaabulous Planners & Printables:
- Sked Track - This is a handy, free, online scheduler/planner that allows you to enter in the year's assignments and plans, or enter them in as you go if you like to wing it. It automatically schedules them to a calendar for you (based on the days you choose to do school) and when life happens and you miss a day, it bumps the remaining assignments back a day. You can also print your plans out based on date or subject if you'd like. It even calculates grades, and generates a printable transcript. It makes a great way to safely store your records too. And did I mention, it's FREE?
- etc. She also has printables organized by school subject.