Monday, April 30, 2012

No Way Jose!

You know how I've shared a couple posts earlier this year about eating healthier? Like My Top Choices of Cookbooks to ROCK your SOCKS off, and the freaky picture of a McDonald's meal to nudge you away from processed food? 



Well, I have another doozy for you! Let's say you ARE trying to make reasonable decisions when buying food for your family. What you may not realize is that there are lots of chemicals in foods that WEREN'T THERE when we were kids. You surely wouldn't feed your kids insecticide, would you? Well, did you know that corn is now regulated by the EPA as insecticide? That's because it's been genetically modified produce its own insecticide internally and to withstand increasing doses of weed killers. Let me introduce you to "genetically engineered foods" and "genetically modified organisms." 



Here in the US, unlike most other developed countries, we have no laws requiring labeling of genetically engineered foods. And they're pretty common. This means that we aren't able to make an informed choice. If you think you have the right to know what you're feeding your family, tell the FDA to label GMOs (it's quick & easy). Visit www.justlabelit.org to find out more about it! 

I also watched a video that I just had to share! It's about thirty minutes long, but I'd really highly recommend taking the time to sit down and view it. Trust me on this one, K? 




You know if I'm putting in a plug for it, it has to be worth your time. Especially since the last time I did that was... well... never. 

Let me know what you think! 


No comments:

Post a Comment