Today I'm going to share with you which essential oil company I chose, and what makes them unique from other companies.
Here are a few quick facts as to why it matters who you get your essential oils from:
- Essential Oils are only safe when they are 100% pure, organic, AND therapeutic grade.
- Unfortunately, there are no standards when it comes to labeling a bottle of essential oil. By law, a bottle can be labeled as 100% pure, even if it only contains 5% essential oil!
- In cheap bottles of oil, the therapeutic compounds have been destroyed by heat, pressure, and/or chemical additions. You get what you pay for.
- If you have an allergic reaction to essential oil, it's possible you're not allergic to the oil at all but are reacting to an additive.
- Although they're chemically identical, research has shown that synthetic copies or oils adulterated by synthetic compounds don't work for healing! Only pure, complete oils do. In the case of wintergreen, the natural oil is harmless and has many healing properties, while the synthetic version is actually toxic. They smell and taste like wintergreen, but they aren't the same therapeutically.
- Only 2% of oils in North America are suitable for medicinal purposes, and Young Living makes 98% of them!